"The love of a true mother comes nearer to being like the love of God than any other kind of love."

Monday, May 9, 2011

Only one card....

But it was the best one! M got a very sweet Mothers Day card that he hand wrote for me. Even though his is the only one that deeply mattered, I felt forgotten this year and still do. Last year Mothers Day was full of happy giggles and smiles for this girl. I received tons of cards, text messages and flowers from friends and family. This year it was silence, shaded with gloominess and heavy tears. I got one card from M, no flowers and 2 text messages from girlfriends. I tried really hard to be the strongest MOM I could be and not let this get to me. But it is so hard to have Micheal gone and no one to acknowledge that he was the reason I became a MOM. Yes, I did say MOM! Even though I do not have a live child or currently am not with child, I am a MOM. I am tired of feeling like this. Always having to remind people that I am a mom, and I do have a child. I guess it stems from the lack of support we have gotten from people we know or who claim to care about us. In the beginning after we lost Michael I was so afraid that people would forget about him. No one says they forgot. They just choose not to remember I guess. This all sounds very bitter and jaded maybe because I am. Maybe I just expect too much from people. It's all very sad and unfortunate. Maybe next year if we have a live baby, people will be be more willing to acknowledge my motherhood. Maybe...........

4 comments:

  1. Oh sweetness!! I sent you a card last Wednesday.. I'm so sorry it's late, but I really hope you get it today. For what it's worth, I will never forget you and your beautiful boy and I thought of you and Michael all weekend xo

    Happy Mother's Day, Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending much love into the universe for you... I am so sorry. You were in my thoughts, as you often are. You are a wonderful Mommy! I know Michael is proud:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's terrible. I'm so sorry honey. :'(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, the sting of Mother's Day. We babyloss moms really need to stick together on these days!

    Happy (belated) Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete